Thursday 17 January 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls #105

Hello there my lovely readers and welcome to a slightly delayed Wednesday Wonderfuls! Oops! I apologise for my technical difficulties...

Images, Clockwise from Top Left:
1. I love my new-to-me Thermoses! Winter picnic anyone? 2. My suit gets a night out on the town 3. Spiced apple and cider cake.
4. Surprises gifts make me so very happy, 5. My watch has been fixed and I can wear it again, yay! 6. Fancy new wool :)

This week I have been...

Reading...
"Metric Pattern Cutting for Women" and "Rebecca". Two very different books, but both of them are making me incredibly happy! I first read "Rebecca" for my English A-Level and I wanted to reread it before watching the Hitchcock adaptation (which arrived in the post this morning, yay!) and it's already completely sucked me in. I'm so happy that my love of books is returning to me, nothing is more satisfying than sitting down with a really good book and being taken to another place and time :) And as for "Metric Pattern Cutting", well let's just say that it's starting to make to make a lot more sense since I started taking lessons!

Loving...
my new pattern cutting skills! They may be few and very new but I'm loving them nonetheless. I am already dreaming of the designs I'm going to create, all the vintage designs that I could never find in my size or were too rare or expensive, I'll finally (eventually!) be able to make them. It's a very happy thought indeed :)

Knitting...
with fancy wool and bamboo needles. This week I received my first ever order of Excelana wool and I really can't get enough of it. It's such a joy to work with, I can't really see myself using any other kind of yarn anytime soon! I will be writing more about it in detail soon, but if you haven't let tried Excelana then I suggest you do, you won't be disappointed!

Watching... 
some amazing films: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Psycho and Marnie. I'm overwhelmed by all these classics, they are really making me look at all films in a completely new way. I'm on my way to becoming a huge Monroe and Hitchcock fan I can tell you! I cannot wait to watch more! My Sweetheart and I have also started watching Foyle's War as we were given the first season for Christmas. How has it taken me this long to realise how wonderful this programme is?? I love pretty much everything about it so far, the stories, the actors, the costumes, and I'm thrilled there are so many seasons to come. I'm pretty sure I may make some Foyle's War inspired outfits in the future :)

Sewing...
my trousers and they are pretty much finished! I will be posting about them as soon as I can persuade my Sweetheart to take some pictures of them :) They are a very different look for me, but I think I like it.

Going...
out for dinner with close friends and realising how lucky I am to have them. It was so lovely to catch up on the gossip with my girlie chums and talk the only way a big group of girls can. We ate great food and enjoyed great company and it was wonderful. I definitely hope for more nights like this in my near future!


And finally here are some of the Wonderful things going on around blogosphere this week:


Have a lovely rest of the week my lovely readers!

Katie xxx

2 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

That spiced apple cake looks so wonderfully delicious - something that would make for a marvelous addition to a Thanksgiving Day dessert table.

♥ Jessica

Ginger said...

Ooh, sweet potato fries with feta dip? Yum! Rebecca is so good-- one of my favorite novels (and movies!)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...